Thursday, December 5, 2013

Candy Colored Clouds

  Hi everyone, this is a poor excuse for a blog post, but I thought I'd just show you a few things that I've enjoyed recently. The first is a few images, so enjoy these:




I've also had some songs on my mind that you all might enjoy:

  1. "Hope" by Klaatu // when the song kicks in (and believe me, you will know when it kicks in) you're rushed with this overwhelmingly intense rush of power and emotion that to this day blows my mind how the hell they captured it into a song
  2. "My Girl" by the Temptations // how can anyone not like this song? Every time I listen to it, I feel so happy inside and nostalgia for a time period I never lived in washes over me
  3. "You Get What You Give" by the New Radicals // although this song is a little bit newer than music I typically listen to, I'm a really big fan of this song. Plus it reminds me of my childhood, hearing it on the radio
  4. "Everybody's Talkin'" by Harry Nilsson // this song is soft and pretty, yet deep and soulful at the same time, making it an instant favorite in my mind
  5. "Village Green" by the Kinks // a lesser known Kinks tune, this personal favorite of mine sounds so different from a lot of other typical songs from the time period that it's hard not to love it, honestly. It sounds like a medieval party to me, which is something I think everyone can groove to
  6. "Midnight Confessions" by the Grass Roots // this song was one of my favorites in the eighth grade, and I forgot about it up until now. It's so big yet at the same time so small, as it confuses my mind and makes me feel all warm and bubbly inside. Check it out


AND FINALLY check out some groovy links that've kept me occupied for the past week or so.
Fantastic Elvis art collection from Rookie
Klaus Voormann's artwork from his Hamburg days with the Beatles
Klaatu
Beatles News
Today in Beatles History...

Have a lovely day you lovely people xx

No comments:

Post a Comment