Thursday, August 1, 2013

Summer Sun, Something's Begun


Jefferson Airplane enjoying the Summer sun


 HOLY SHIT. I have not posted in over a month, and to be entirely truthful, that scares me. There's so much pressure like "WHAT'S SHE GONNA WRITE NEXT" and "THIS NEXT POST BETTER BE GOOD" so please don't kill me if I'm not my usual Sam-y self.
Whether you'd like to admit it or not, Keith Richards was a total babe back in the day.



  Because I've been gone for so long, I decided to just make a spam post of pictures I've seen lately and update you on my life. I went and saw the Rolling Stones back in June (seems so long ago!) and they were lovely. They came on an hour late but I enjoyed it nonetheless, and it was definitely one of the best concerts I've been to. Ronnie Wood is a cutie patootie, by the way, he looked so short and adorable with his little high tops and skinny jeans. Keith Richards wasn't exactly babelicious but for his age he was definitely out there jamming and having the time of his life with the queen of sass, Mr. Mick Jagger, who changed his outfit every few songs and always wore something covered in sequins. For the encore of "You Can't Always Get What You Want" he wore a big fur cape, which he proceeded to toss to the back of the stage, almost hitting Charlie Watts. Poor old Charlie in the back, never being heavily into drugs or groupies like the best of the band. He seemed so cute in the back, like one of those cute little old men who you see and just go "awwww" to. I felt bad that he wasn't able to showcase more of his talent from the back of the stage.
  I also saw Robert Plant and the Sensational Space Shifters exactly a week ago last Thursday, and in comparison to the other concerts I've seen, it was.... eh. Easily one of the worse shows I've been to. I was thoroughly disappointed because I really wanted to like it, but I just couldn't bring myself to sing along to anything. I know Plant isn't in Led Zeppelin anymore, but I'd have liked it if he played more than four or five Zeppelin songs. Half of the songs I didn't know (and I consider myself a pretty decent solo-Plant fan) and the songs that I did know were only in snippets or were to some weird-ass tribal beat. His voice was still there, but his god-like aura definitely wasn't.
Plant used to be a God, what happened?!
  Besides the concerts, I've had a pretty decent summer. I've been working at Dairy Queen and as of now I have $775 dollars in just POCKET money. I might get a bank card so I can shop more often on Etsy and Amazon and I'm considering buying an iPhone with all my new-found dough. But other than working, I haven't been doing anything this summer. I suppose that's better than doing something I don't want to do. Anyway, I hope you all are enjoying your summer and hopefully my next post won't be as boring or long from now! Enjoy ya summer xoxo



1 comment: