Sunday, May 19, 2013

A Thrifting We Will Go

  This weekend my library had a HUGE blow-out sale, something that happens like twice a year, and I was SOOOO happy. Hardcover books were $1.00, paperbacks and records 50 cents. I got the Mamas and the Papas and Fleetwood Mac for a dollar total! Super thrilled. A Catcher in the Rye, Tales of Mystery and Imagination (Edgar Allen Poe), Sylvia Plath's The Bell Jar, and the new book, Z: A Novel of Zelda Fitzgerald. I also went to my local record store and got The Wall, Revolver, and the Guess Who's greatest hits. I then went thrifting and got this super cute bag that reminds me of Winnie the Pooh, a journal (50 cents!) and a red mini skirt. AND 2001: A Space Odyssey for $4.00! Overall, it was an AMAZING weekend, shopping-wise. OH and I got the Pulp Fiction soundtrack for my dad but sucks for me he already had it. 


So yes this post has nothing to do with anything but yes enjoy my finds :)

4 comments:

  1. Great haul, Sam! The item that jumped out at me was the Guess Who's Greatest Hits. I'm thinking it's the compilation that contains "Clap for the Wolfman" a song in which you get to hear the voice of Wolfman Jack, host of The Midnight Special, the late night music showcase I told you about in previous comments. I also want to recommend the earlier recordings of the Guess Who, made when the Canadian band was still called Chad Allen & the Expressions. Their first American hit "Shakin' All Over" is on my list of the most exciting records ever made. Listen to it on YouTube and let me know if you agree. Have a fine day, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such good finds! <3

    http://roseandvintage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thrilled to read till the end and would like share this amazing article :)

    ReplyDelete