Monday, March 4, 2013

Completely Shut In

  I myself am an introvert- even when I was younger and forced to socialize, I thought the other girls at school had too wild personalities and that I didn't fit in with them. I'd still go to all the middle school dances and for a while I was almost an extrovert, going to the mall on weekends and hanging with friends every free day I had. But now I'm an introvert, someone who keeps to themselves and likes to stay in rather than go to parties.
  I started to embrace this introvert quality this year in particular, deciding I wasn't going to be another popular girl clone and dress like they did. I'd dress however I wanted, dye my hair the colors I liked, and listen to music because I liked it, not because it was what all the other girls listened to. I was becoming more independent.
  My dad didn't particularly like this, however, as he thought I was becoming a shut-in who never left her room or the computer. This was coming from the man who had once complained about driving my friends and I everywhere, and was now complaining I didn't go anywhere at all. I couldn't win!
  Now I've learned that being an introvert doesn't make you a loser. However someone wants to spend their free time is their choice, as its their life. That means I will spend my free time blogging, playing guitar, painting, listening to records, and lifelessly exploring the internet. Those are my personal favorite things to do. Just because I don't go to the mall everyday to buy the latest $200 Abercrombie jeans doesn't mean I'm uncool. (We'll explain why I'm uncool in a later post).

(Source)
(From the Virgin Suicides, source)
One of my favorite records, the soundtrack to A Clockwork Orange
A horrible done panorama of my room (before I got my new Fender and borrowed a Les Paul.) Look at my posters & psychedelic bass!

If I could be like Jayne Mansfield I would, sitting in my fuzzy pink bathroom all day. (Source LIFE magazine)




  (Mad problems, source)
  1. "I'm Not Like Everybody Else" by the Kinks
  2. "A Young Person's Guide to the Orchestra, Op. 34" by Benjamin Britten
  3. "Strawberry Fields Forever (Take 1)" by the Beatles
  4. "Outsider" by the Ramones
  5. "White Room" by Cream
  6. "Somebody to Love" by Queen
  7. "Wild World" by Cat Stevens
  8. "Midnight Confessions" by the Grass Roots
  9. "I'm So Tired" by the Beatles
  10. "The 59th Street Bridge Song (Feelin' Groovy)" by Simon & Garfunkel
  11.  "The End of the Line" by the Traveling Wilburys

No comments:

Post a Comment