Thursday, December 13, 2012

My Favorite Christmas Things

 Christmas is right around the corner! With all the holiday buzz, I've decided to come up with a few things that remind me of Christmas and just give that overall holiday glow. Enjoy!









The Beach Boys’ Christmas Album

The Beach Boys, 1964

   I absolutely love the Beach Boys. They sing about pretty much everything, but I think it's their holiday album that really showcases how great they are at writing tunes for any topic. They have more than one Christmas album, and I'm pretty sure I own all of them. But The Beach Boys' Christmas Album is by far my favorite."Little Saint Nick" will by far be one of my favorite Christmas songs of all time. It's such a classic, and I really love listening to it on Christmas. It's just a song that never gets old, really. The Beach Boys' Christmas Album is an album that is timeless for me, and always brings me holiday joy.

A Christmas Story

A Christmas Story is a 1983 American Christmas comedy film. Around the holidays, TBS usually plays it in a 24-hour marathon. The movie is about 9-year-old Ralph "Ralphie" Parker and his struggles to get the perfect Christmas present: A Red Ryder BB gun. While trying to get this present, most people usually reply with the famous line about the BB gun, "You'll shoot your eye out." The movie is absolute hilarious, and is a Christmas classic. I highly recommend it.

Santa Claus Is Comin' to Town & The Year Without a Santa Clause

  These two TV specials are absolutely wonderful. Both are from the early 1970's and feature some of the greatest stop-motion filming I have ever seen.  They feature such incredible songs that almost don't seem like they're from a children's cartoon, like "Put One Foot in Front of the Other" from Santa Claus Is Comin' to Town and both Mr. Snow/Mr. Heat from The Year Without a Santa Clause. Although I love both films, The Year Without a Santa Clause has to be my favorite of the two, simply because of the story line.



No comments:

Post a Comment