Tuesday, November 27, 2012

The Swingin' Sixties

  Yet another one of my sixties themed posts. The sixties were an iconic time for fashion and music, as well as new inspirations and ideas that didn't exist before. I love the sixties more than anything, and I try my hardest to make every one of my outfits based on something sixties-related. Provided below is a playlist of some of my favorite sixties tunes and many sixties songs that I believe define the decade. Note: Most of these images have been used in previous posts; When I post during school hours I'm on my school laptop and don't have too many images to choose from.
Pattie Boyd during the early 1960's modeling outside what I'm assuming is her home?
Sedmikrásky, a 1966 Czech film. Called Daisies in English-speaking countries. This movie is seen as iconic for 1960's female fashion and ideas.

Pattie and Jenny Boyd modeling c. 1966.

A lipstick ad from the 1960's. I absolutely love the colors and imagery in this and I believe it shows the need for feminine power during the sixties.
Models for Quant c. 1966. If I'm not mistaken (I don't have my glasses) that may be Twiggy in the center?

One of my absolute favorite 1960's ads, c. 1966-67. I love both the sunglasses and dresses, and the colors are just wonderful!

Mary Quant, probably the most famous fashion designer of the 1960's. She invented the miniskirt and then continued to make iconic mod fashion for both girls and boys.
Peggy Moffitt, one of Mary Quant's most popular models. She is known for her eccentric eye makeup and short, bold haircut. Pattie Boyd is another famous model from Quant.



A video on Quant fashion during the late sixties.
1.  My Generation - The Who
2. No Time - The Guess Who
3. Get Off My Cloud - The Rolling Stones
4. I Dig Everything - David Bowie
5. Friday On My Mind - The EasyBeats
6. All Along the Watchtower - The Jimi Hendrix Experience
7. Light My Fire - The Doors
8. All You Need is Love - The Beatles
9. Itchycoo Park - The Small Faces

No comments:

Post a Comment